As an athlete, recovery is one of the most valuable aspects of your training, yet many athletes overlook its importance. Three minutes of stretching after training won’t cut it – you need to employ a great stretching and warm-down routine. Many athletes are now using sports massages to decompress, relax and reap the benefits a professional massage therapist can offer their muscles.
Whether you’re a full-time athlete, a sports enthusiast, or someone who suffers from muscle pain, a sports massage is one of the best ways to stay in peak physical condition.
What are the benefits of regular sports massages?
- It improves flexibility by stimulating the production of your body’s natural lubricants and working on your muscles, joints, ligaments, tendons, and connective tissues. Regular sports massages can improve your flexibility and range of motion because the pressure and movements help keep your joints more fluid and less injury-prone.
- It helps with pain and injury management. Many athletes have weekly sports massages as it helps relieve tight muscles and loosen knots. Many people report that deep tissue massage helps with sciatica, plantar fasciitis, fibromyalgia, and tennis elbow.
- It improves blood circulation and lowers high blood pressure. This quality is important as it keeps oxygen going through the system, helping the muscles to heal quickly and carrying vital nutrients throughout the body.
- It can help you achieve higher personal performance in your field. Stretching before a workout or competition will allow greater freedom of movement as it helps prevent a build-up of lactic acid in the blood. Loose and flexible muscles can work that bit harder than sore, tight muscles, and this can make all the difference on important competition days.
- It reduces the risk of everyday injuries. If your body is used to moving in a certain way, there’s less chance of an injury if you move that same way at home. Flexible muscles that are regularly stretched are less likely to become painful due to being torn or pulled, which is vital for athletic performance.
- It promotes relaxation and can help you sleep better at night. Sleep and rest are a huge part of an athlete’s recovery and life’s stresses can often prevent us from getting that rest. The restorative and soothing effects of deep tissue and sports massage can promote better sleep and more effective muscle recovery. With a calming atmosphere and deep breathing techniques, a sports massage can make a huge difference to your stress levels the next day.
Where can I get a sports massage in Prescott, Arizona?
At A Valley of Vitality Wellness Studio, we provide several award-winning massage services. We know our clients work hard, and we want to help them relax, recover and unwind as best we can.
Our sports massage employs several stretches, compressions, and cross-friction techniques that focus on the specific muscles you use in your sport. This treatment will allow you to recover quickly and train at a higher degree of intensity with lower injury risk.