For many of us, the past two years have meant forgoing some of our most cherished activities. We’ve had to miss out on birthday dinners at our favorite restaurants, family gatherings, and trips to the movies. One of the luxuries most of us have missed out on is the truly opulent feeling of having a massage.
Whether you’re about to get your first massage or you treat yourself to one every month, there are a few things you can do to make the most of your time on the massage table.
What can I do to make the most out of my massage?
- Plan your time before and after: Give yourself plenty of time to arrive- otherwise, you’ll rush, arrive flustered, and take longer to relax. You’ll also want to give yourself some free time after the massage as there’s no point going back to the office after an hour of serenity!
- Don’t eat right before your massage: Try to avoid eating right before your massage so you feel comfortable on the table. If you’re hungry and don’t want to wait, keep it small, light, and something easy on the stomach.
- If you plan to workout on the same day as your massage, do it beforehand: If you workout after a massage, you’ll miss out on many of the long-lasting effects of your massage.
- Wear something loose and comfortable that you can easily remove before your massage: Avoid wearing anything you might strain to put back on, such as tight jeans in case you feel some muscle soreness after your massage.
- Let your massage therapist know your preferences in advance: Give your therapist as much information as you can – let them know any allergies to certain oils or lotions, any existing injuries, and your preferred pressure level.
- Consider extending your appointment with a relaxing Salt Therapy appointment: Call in advance and schedule a Halotherapy appointment before your massage.
- Be prepared to schedule a few appointments if you love your massage! The most powerful therapeutic effects of massage are cumulative, so frequent massages will feel even better than irregular massages. From your first session, your sense of relaxation will deepen and the chronic stress patterns in your body will be alleviated. If you generally have massages to heal from a soft tissue injury or relieve chronic muscular tension, you’ll likely need more than one session.
Book Your Massage in Prescott, Arizona
At Valley of Vitality wellness studio, you will experience the relief and therapeutic benefits of experienced and dedicated massage therapists. Whether you need to relieve physical stress or want to practice good self-care, Valley of Vitality is here to help. Click here to schedule your appointment today.