The idea of ‘spring cleaning’ might seem normal when we think of our homes, but what about the idea of detoxing our bodies?
As the name states, the idea is to literally rid the body of poisons or toxins that can harm our well-being. Deep tissue massage bypasses the lymphatic system, which is superficial right under the skin. It focuses on the muscles, but the after effects help stimulate the lymph system. Life in general exposes numerous toxins to the body – artificial additives, pesticides, junk food, or environmental poisons. When the body is riddled with toxins, it can prevent normal cleansing.
By clearing the digestive system, it helps remove waste so that excess fecal matter can be flushed. Once the gut and intestines are clear, the probiotics that help produce vitamins, break down food, and protect against invading bacteria and viruses get refreshed.
According to Good Stuff, “70% of our immune system is in the gut. By clearing waste, toxins, and debris, the immune system can fight real invaders, not just leftovers from your diet.”
Another benefit to detoxing allows the mucus layer, that protects the inside of your body from the outside world, to shed the top layer, which means the dirt, debris, and toxin built up (not to mention viruses and bacteria that make you sick) can be flushed. The immune system, kidneys, liver, and gallbladder can begin to function properly.
The human liver is the largest internal organ, responsible for up to 500 functions, including detoxification, digestion, and regulating the metabolism. Therefore, it’s vital to keep it functioning optimally. Apart from detoxification, the liver plays critical roles in digestion, nutrient absorption, metabolism, and cardiovascular health.
A Valley of Vitality clients have seen improved health pertaining to one or more of the items listed below:
- Joint pain relief – removing gluten, dairy, and sugar from the diet while flooding the body with antioxidants reduces inflammation often correlated with swelling and pain, especially in the joints.
- Improved digestion – eating light, clean foods that are primarily cooked or blended supports the digestive process, while the high fiber intake encourages bowel regularity.
- Boosted immunity – ridding the body of burdensome toxins helps strengthen the immune system, so you can better fight off bacteria and viruses before they transpire to colds, flu, or infection.
- Reduced cravings – when you remove processed, hyper-palatable and addictive foods from your diet for even a few days, your taste buds start to change. As a result, sugar and junk food cravings are replaced with healthier, more nourishing foods.
- Stabilized mood – eliminating caffeine and sugar while loading up on nutrient-rich, high-fiber foods helps stabilize the blood sugar, which balances and calms the nervous system.
- Clearer skin – the skin is a primary channel of elimination and directly reflects the internal environment. When your system is clean, as seen after a detox, your skin will appear smoother, more vibrant, and youthful.
- Improved sleep – the de-stress of a detox helps calm the brain and hormonal system, which promotes deeper, more restorative sleep.
- Sharper mind – toxins impair both mental and physical function. As you remove them from the system, brain fog lifts, while memory, mental clarity, and focus improve.
Why Do A Detox Cleanse?
Our bodies have natural detoxification systems that work daily; however, those same systems can get overwhelmed. Therefore, it’s imperative to assist the body in reestablishing homeostasis. One significant part many people overlook is what happens when we age…. The body can naturally detox while we are young, but as the years pass, it’s much more difficult to cleanse the body, and the toxins start to build in our tissues, cells, and organs. Therefore, routinely following a regular detox plan can stave off illnesses like heart disease, cancer, and even dementia.